Life is kind of getting back to normal and it's also getting very busy. Leah went back to daycare today after being home for over 2 weeks. She was very happy to be back, and everyone there missed her very much. Her teachers said she was pretty clingy today, which is probably because she's been used to getting a little spoiled at home (hee hee). Last week we had a few appointments and we're gearing up for lots more. On Thursday Leah got her stitches taken out, which really made her upset because I had to hold her head down. She did not like that at all! But the good news is that her head is healing very nicely, and even better news is that her hair is already growing back in. When she first had her shunt put in, her hair didn't grow back in for several months, but now it should grow back in just a few weeks. I know it shouldn't bother me, but I don't like people staring at her scar.
We also finally got her into Physical Therapy! This is very exciting for me, as I know she needs more than what I can do with her at home. Our first appointment didn't go all that well, as Leah was kind of tired and fussy. She didn't show off any of the cool tricks she has, but I think she needs a little bit of time to get used to it. Next time I need to make sure she's well rested and has a full tummy. I think it's also good for someone else to push her, since I sometimes give in when she starts to complain a little bit. So we will be going to PT once a week.
Tomorrow we have PT plus Early Intervention from our school district is coming. They typically visit us once a month, but we've both had to reschedule a few times so it's been almost 2 months since they've seen Leah. I like that they can tell me whether she's meeting all of her developmental milestones. I know she's always going to be behind in her gross motor skills, like rolling and sitting and walking, but I want to make sure the others are on track, like fine motor skills, cognitive and social development. So far she's been right on track, which eases my mind a lot. What I still worry about is her language, as she doesn't have any real words yet. She babbles a lot and points and grunts, she knows things, like ears, lights, fans, cats, but doesn't talk yet. I know I'd probably worry about this even if she didn't have SB, but I want to make sure we can keep her on track and get her extra help if she needs it.
So this week we have PT and EI. Next week we have PT and we go back to see our Cranial-Sacral therapist, who we haven't seen in over a month. Then the following week we have her full-day of appointments. Whew, I'm already tired! It's good, though, to be getting so much good care for our favorite little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment