Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Giving Back

Last week I volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House with 3 of my co-workers.  It was awesome to give back and serve a meal for families whose kids are in the hospital.  We cooked at Gillette Children's Hospital in St. Paul, which is a smaller hospital with 45 patients that deals with trauma and rehabilitation.  This RMH has 4 bedrooms and typically serves 30-50 people.  We made spaghetti and meatballs with salad, rolls and cookies.  It was delicious!  And we served 54 people!!  Everyone was so grateful that we gave up our evening to come and cook for them.  I could see how tired the parents were, how worried they were, how much they just wanted to be home.  I know because I've been one of them.  It was really amazing to be on the other side of the kitchen and do something special for these families.  We've been so blessed to be able to use the RMH at Children's when we've been there for Leah.  It really is an amazing charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment