Leah and I have led a pretty boring life the last couple weeks... and I love it!!!! She's been getting on a little bit of a sleeping schedule - she starts getting fussy around 7, and is asleep by 8-8:30, waking around 5, and then sleeping until 10. Yes, I said she sleeps until 10, but then she's up all day and only takes a few 20-30 minute cat naps during the day. Her feeding schedule isn't as great, she's still eating every 2 hours, which makes it tough to get out of the house. But, since it's cold and snowy I don't feel so bad about staying in the house all day.
She has started smiling like crazy. It's awesome to get her up in the morning and see a big grin. I've also noticed that her eyelashes are getting very long and her eyes are deep blue. She is one pretty little girl! I've been trying to move her legs more often, bicycling them and rubbing them as often as I can. I just love her teeny little feet and toes :)
It's so nice to have other things to think about besides her spina bifida. We still feel her head all.the.time. to check and make sure the shunt is still working. And I bet I'm the only mom who gets excited when Leah pees on me because it means that her bladder is emptying the way it should. The scar on her head has finally lost its scab and is healing very nicely. Her back scar looks really good too. We can feel where her spine is literally split down towards her tailbone. It's a very weird feeling, the spine is totally normal until mid-lumbar and then the bones are farther away from each other than they should be.
The biggest thing I've been stressing about lately is going back to work. It makes me so sad to think that in just a few weeks I'll have to drop her off at daycare and be away from her for 9 hours. We have chosen a daycare that we both really like, but I know it won't be easy. Normally, I got so annoyed with Ty for buying Powerball tickets - now I pray every night that we hit the jackpot and everyday will be maternity leave.
I was the same way with Jeff when he buys Powerball tickets, but now he only gets one a week and uses "Shay's Numbers." We'll share if we ever get a win so that everyday can be maternity leave for us both! :)
ReplyDeleteEeeeeek! I'll be thinking about you when you go back... it's not fun and as much as I don't think I have what it takes to be a full stay-at-home mom, I think I could definitely get used to the part-time gig. I'm glad the last couple weeks (when you wrote this at least) were uneventful!! Cannot wait to meet her finally on Tuesday!! Love you!!! Boo
ReplyDelete