Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Top Doctor is Our Doctor

Leah and I were in the grocery store the other day when we saw a familiar face in the check-out line.  On the front page of the Minneapolis-St. Paul magazine was Dr. Nagib!  Hurray!!  I asked Leah if she knew who that was... she didn't, which is actually not a bad thing.  Not seeing him is good.  I told her that was Dr. Nagib, and she got really excited and said, "That's my doctor!"  Of course, I had to buy the magazine.  He was named one of the cities' top doctors, one of 6 who were featured in the article... and the only one on the cover.  How fortunate that he's ours!

Here's a link to the full article: Minneapolis-St. Paul Top Doctors

He literally knows the inside of Leah's brain.  He's done 3 surgeries on her - the first was to close her back, the next 2 were to place and replace her shunt, almost exactly a year apart. 

It's yet another reminder that this is where we're supposed to be.  As often as I pray for Leah, I also pray for her doctors.  I feel so fortunate that the few times she's been in surgery, and any future surgeries she may have, the absolute best hands are working on her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment