Boo! Leah had a great time celebrating Halloween this year, especially after she realized that she could get candy, lots and lots of candy. Since she just got a new tractor, we decided to use it as part of her costume, so she went as a farmer. After building a train costume last year, this was quite a bit easier. The overalls from last year still fit, I only needed to buy a plaid shirt, and fill her trailer with pumpkins and hay. Voila, a costume!
We were fortunate to have 2 fun Halloween events to celebrate this year. On the Saturday before, we went to the trick-or-treating event here in town at the local shopping center. All the stores gave out candy and there was a DJ set up in the parking lot. We decided not to bring the tractor to this event so she just used her wheelchair. It was a lot of fun and she saw a few friends from school. We went with our neighbors who have 2 little boys and the 3 little kids had a great time.
On Halloween night we went over to our same friends' house for dinner and then trick-or-treated around the block. Daylight Savings Time must have been later this year, since it got dark closer to 6, and I remember the last couple years going out around 5:30. Leah drove her tractor down the block and then decided she was done with it, so we had to leave it in a neighbor's yard and carry her the rest of the way. She's a funny kid. Either way, we still had fun and now we have a bag full of candy that she constantly asks about.
Leah: See in my basket.
Mommy: You may look but you already had a treat today.
I hand her the basket and she takes all the candy out. I turn around for 2 seconds and she's opening another piece.
Mommy: Leah, you have had your 1 treat for today, let's put the candy away.
Leah: EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Yeah, I think I need to do something with the candy basket.
Anyway, here is our little farmer all decked out.
Leah.... Aunt Boo ALWAYS has treats... Anytime you want! See you in a couple weeks! PS don't tell Shane & Colin how much candy you got! I'm a mean mom and didn't take them door to door. Shhhhhh!
ReplyDelete