I have become a big fan and follower of many different blogs. A lot of them are of other SB moms, but there are others I follow whose kids have other special needs, like Down's Syndrome or dwarfism or micro-prematurity. There is one blog I found of a mom whose daughter was born with a rare condition called Microgastria and Limb Reduction Complex. She has 2 darling little girls and another one on the way and has a great blog. It's refreshing to read about another family going through similar challenges and seeing how they find humor and joy in the everyday.
Anyway, part of her blog is to have a weekly Special Needs Spotlight where she invites a parent or child with special needs to share their story. Guess who is the spotlight for this week?? LEAH!! It makes me a little bit nervous to start sharing my little corner of the Internet with more people, but it's also a great way to promote awareness of Spina Bifida and show others what it means to live life with a disability. Ty and I were given such a grim prognosis of Leah when we got the SB diagnosis, and our goal has always been to try and help other families getting the same news, for them to see what a blessing Leah is to us. If we can help one other couple, then it will all be worth it.
I am very proud of our little girl and hope I make my family and extended SB family proud by our spotlight. You can read all about it here:
http://www.thislittlemiggy.com/
At the top of her blog is a section called Special Needs Spotlight where she keeps the history of all the past spotlights. You can browse through some of them and read about the amazing stories. It's how I found a few of the blogs I now follow. Enjoy!
*** UPDATE ***
If you visit the link above, it will take you to the full blog with the most recent post up at the top. You can scroll down to find Leah's spotlight, or you can go to it directly:
http://www.thislittlemiggy.com/2013/08/special-needs-spotlight-leah.html
No comments:
Post a Comment