Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Girl Time!

It was about time that this mommy took a break from mommy-ing and spent some quality time with my girlfriends.  In the span of less than a week I was fortunate enough to see all of my favorite friends... I didn't even know that could be possible, especially since my 3 closest friends live across the country from me.  Last weekend my 2 college buddies came to Minneapolis for the weekend.  Jodi flew in from Washington, DC and Jordan flew in from Chicago.  We had a pretty relaxing weekend of shopping, getting our nails done, going to a movie, and eating out.  It was a far cry from our wilder days (one of us was even in bed by 10:00 each night... hint - it wasn't the mom), but we had so much fun catching up with each other.  Leah really enjoyed having the girls here in person since she looks at their picture all the time.  She especially loved having 2 new people to entertain her.  The time always goes by way too fast when we're together. 





Then last Monday it just so happened that my 4 friends from work were all able to meet up for lunch.  These 4 girls and I started working for the same department - in basically the same job - within a few months of each other.  We quickly became good friends, and saw each other through weddings, babies, deployments, new jobs and everything in between.  Now none of us are with that same department, 2 of them aren't even with the same company anymore, but we've managed to stay connected.  Thanks Amy, Sara, Jodi and Lisa for being awesome friends!

Finally, this past weekend I got to see my very dearest friend get married.  Audrey, my best friend from high school, married John in St. Petersburg, FL.  This was also my first time away from Leah, and I probably wouldn't have done it for anyone else but Auds!  It was a quick weekend, down on Friday and back on Sunday, but the weather in Florida was beautiful and it was a treat to have a quick getaway.  Getting 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep was a pretty nice bonus as well.  They had an outdoor wedding at the shuffleboard club, and we all had such a great time playing games and enjoying being outside.  Audrey looked beautiful and I was so fortunate to be part of her special day.  I truly would not have missed it for anything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment