Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Wheels and Good News

I’m down to single digit weeks left of the pregnancy (9!!), and I just can’t believe how quickly it’s flown by.  We haven’t scheduled my c-section yet and probably won’t have an official date for a few more weeks.  But it’s kind of nice knowing that I won’t be a week or more overdue.

I had another appointment yesterday.  How lucky that I’ve gotten to see Leah so much before she’s even born!!  First they hooked me up to the fetal monitor machine to measure her heartbeat and had me push a button each time I felt her move.  She started out being a little stinker… she was moving like crazy while I was in the waiting room, but as soon as they hooked me up to everything, she got very still.  After a little bit of poking and coaxing, she started moving around again.  Then I had another bio-physical profile, where, like 2 weeks ago, the technician looks for 4 things: heartbeat, breathing, movement and muscle tone, and she was a little champ!  The tech also took a quick measurement of her brain ventricles, which is important to know if she has or will develop hydrocephalus.  Her left ventricle stayed consistent and her right actually measured smaller than it did last week…. WAY TO GO LEAH!!!  That was super good news to hear.  Now, it may just be that measurements from week to week are off a bit (it’s hard to be very exact), but it’s so great to know that it’s staying constant.  They also weighed me and I’m up 20 pounds… 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks… oops!  I guess I overdid it a little bit on the ice cream and treats lately. 

On a more fun note, Leah and I both got new wheels yesterday.  I traded in my Saab for a Honda Crosstour.  It’s very nice, a little bigger than a sedan with a hatchback, and has tons of room in the backseat.  I have to say, I was a little sad to trade in my little sporty sedan for something bigger.  The Saab was very good to me over the years, but I know I need something to fit a stroller and car seat and all the accessories that go along with a baby.  Speaking of strollers and car seats… Leah’s first set of (many!) wheels came yesterday too, along with her car seat.  I had so much fun driving it around my living room after Ty and I put it together... haha!!  I can't wait for the day soon when we put her in the car seat to go home for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys Thanks for sharing this with us. Ya'll know the stuff we went thru with Mac. It's hard enough on first time parents with a healthy child but even harder when they come into the world and have some issues. Just a piece of advice from someone with a similar experience make sure you write down everything that happens like you're obvisously already doing. You think you can remember and write it down later but when Leah gets here time will fly by and you can't remember all the feeling and emotions of the moment. Anyway we wish ya'll and Leah all the best and keep you in our prayers.
    Thanks again for sharing,
    Patrick, Kim, Mac and Rylie Thrash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the car on Brad's birthday or just decide to post about it on his birthday? It is ok to let others have birthdays too. Just kidding. Glad to hear everything is going good. See you guys soon.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete